SARA COSTELLO’S HOT SPICED APPLE CIDER - MyDOMAINE
A warm and inviting punch with just enough zest to get the party started.
Hot Spiced Apple Cider
“I love serving this because it feels intimate and cozy. You can spike it as much or as little as you please.” —Sara Ruffin Costello
2 quarts apple cider
Six 3-inch cinnamon sticks
1 medium orange
1/8 cup whole cloves
Cinnamon sticks for serving
1. Pour apple cider into a slow cooker.
2. With a toothpick, poke holes all around the orange, about ¾ inch apart. Then poke cloves into the toothpick holes in orange. Drop orange into slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for about 4 hours.
4. Ladle into mugs along with an ounce of rum.
5. Add a cinnamon stick. It’s decorative and delicious.